From Nicholas Duane <nic...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Why is log4net not more similar to log4j(2)?
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 00:06:05 GMT
Not sure.  I was going to ask what a guess on the effort might be.  I wasn't expecting *huge*.
 And I guess *huge* is still your guess if we only consider the "core" and maybe a single
file appender just as a starting point?

Thanks,
Nick

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:49:22 -0700
Subject: Re: Why is log4net not more similar to log4j(2)?
From: garydgregory@gmail.com
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
CC: log4net-user@logging.apache.org

Porting Log4j 2 would be a *huge* job. Would you use a translator of some kind?
Gary
On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Nicholas Duane <nickdu@msn.com> wrote:
I was debating offering to help.  Not that I wouldn't be interested, just don't know how much
time I could commit.  Also, not sure I would be interested in "patching" log4net.  In my mind
the best approach would be to port log4j2.  I would like the two to be very similar, down
to the level values, configuration syntax, appenders, filters and extensibility.

Thanks,

Nick