From Nicholas Duane <nic...@msn.com>
Subject RE: setting or overriding log levels via configuration?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 19:30:58 GMT
Was working on this more and decided I would just attempt to add the <level> element
under the <log4net> element and see what happens.  Luckily there is a "debug" attribute
on the <log4net> element which gives you an indication of what log4net is doing so I
also turned that on.  It seems to work not only based on the debug log4net statements I saw
generated, but the test results also confirmed it's working.  Well let me restate that.  What
I added was the following:

<level>
    <name value="Warn"/>
    <value value="2147483647"/>
</level>
<level>
    <name value="Info"/>
    <value value="2147483647"/>
</level>
<level>
    <name value="Error"/>
    <value value="2147483647"/>
</level>

I did this because I wanted to see if I could make it such that Error, Warn and Info logs
could not be turned off.  And it appears this accomplishes that.

I still have a question.  If I want to add a new level is there a way to specify the "display
name" of that level in configuration?

Thanks,
Nick