From "Goyal, Nitin UTAS" <Nitin.Go...@utas.utc.com>
Subject Log4Net RollingFileAppender not adding Custom property in Win8/VS2013
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:23:21 GMT
Hi All
I am creating a custom property in Log4Net with Visual Studio 2010 on Win7 and it is able
to create everything well with the correct property. But If i try to run the same program
on Win8 and Visual Studio 2013, it do create the log file but without the custom property.
I have not edited anything and same thing is working in WIn7 but not in Win8.
I don't know what is changing in both of these environments. Can anyone give hint at what
to look for?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="log4net"     type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler,log4net"
/>
  </configSections>
  <log4net>
  <appender name="CsvFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender,log4net">
    <file type="log4net.Util.PatternString" value="C:\TSAS_DRU_Log\%property{LogName}"
/>
    <appendToFile value="true"/>
    <maxSizeRollBackups value="10"/>
    <maximumFileSize value="100MB"/>
    <staticLogFileName value="true"/>
    <layout type="TSAS_DRU_app.CsvPatternLayout, TSAS_DRU_app">
    </layout>
  </appender>
  <root>
    <level value="DEBUG" />
    <appender-ref ref="CsvFileAppender" />
  </root>
</log4net>
  </configuration>

I am setting the property in the code as following which is working correctly in WIn7 but
not in Win8 where I have just updated the Visual studio as version 2013 with 2010:
string LogName = "TSAS_DRU_Log_" + date + ".csv";
    log4net.GlobalContext.Properties["LogName"] = LogName;

Nitin Goyal - Technical Lead, Software - Sensors & Integrated Systems
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
Netra Tech Park, Old Plot No.181, New Plot No. 40, EPIP Industrial Area, Part of Sy.No.28,
Kundalahalli Village, Krishnaraja Puram Hobli, Bangalore 560 066, Karnataka, India
Tel: +91 80 673 80262  Mobile: +91 9886295724  Fax: +91 80 673 80005
nitin.goyal@utas.utc.com<mailto:naveen.hiriyannaiah@utas.utc.com>    www.utcaerospacesystems.com<http://www.utcaerospacesystems.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING:  This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information
of UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise
the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all attachments) from your
computer.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.