From Shing Hing Man <mat...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to specify a log output folder in RollingFileAppender
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2014 20:27:49 GMT
I have not decided where to put my logs yet -   within the project folder or outside.
Thanks for the advice!

Shing

On Saturday, 2 August 2014, 21:15, d_k <mail4dk@gmail.com> wrote:

You should probably reconsider having your program require administrator privileges just to
write the log to the C: drive.
Perhaps a sub directory on the C: drive should be good enough? Or the application's own directory?
Also, if your program generates a lot of logs you should probably write them to a different
drive to prevent it from filling all the space on the C: drive.
Or make sure you have some sort of an automatic way to delete old logs like a scheduled task
independent of your program.

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Shing Hing Man <matmsh@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
>  Running VS as administrator allows me to output the log to C:\.
>

>Thanks!
>

>Shing
>

>On Saturday, 2 August 2014, 20:28, d_k <mail4dk@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>In order to write to the C: drive your application should run as an administrator. Run
it as an Administrator and see if it helps.