From Alexey Polyakov <Alexey_Polya...@epam.com>
Subject RE: log4net 1.2.13 performance issues (found the exact line that causes the problem)
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 14:49:12 GMT
Hello,

I have encountered a heavy drop in performance after migration from log4net
1.2.10 to 1.2.13. My research pointed out to the commit #1511303 and
specifically to the line 1340:

eventProperties[UserNameProperty] = UserName;

I attach the test harness I was using - without this line the logging is
done in about 2 seconds, and after this line is added - it takes 24 seconds.

Can you please give any comment on what is going on? (is it safe to just
remove this line and use patched version in production environment, or may
be there is already a work in progress and a better solution)/

Best Regards,
Alexey Polyakov
Software Engineer

EPAM Systems
Ryazan office, Russia
GMT+3 (Standard) / GMT+3 (Daylight)

Office phone:       +7 (4912) 935-733, ext. 46229

Mobile phone:       +7 (910) 509-96-37

E-mail:                  <mailto:Alexey_Polyakov@epam.com>
Alexey_Polyakov@epam.com

Skype:                  <skype:Aleksey__Polyakov?add> Aleksey__Polyakov (
<skype:Aleksey__Polyakov?chat> chat or  <skype:Aleksey__Polyakov?call> call)