From "Dominik Psenner" <dpsen...@gmail.com>
Subject AW: set buffersize conditionally?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 06:16:32 GMT
Good morning

You can tell log4net to flush the buffer on specific events (see Evaluator property in the
class log4net.Appender.BufferingAppenderSkeleton). However, you can have exactly one buffer
size for each buffering appender because every appender has exactly one buffer. You could
configure multiple appenders for every domain you have and thus every domain can have its
own buffer size.

Changing the buffer size at runtime sounds dangerous to me and therefore I discourage you
to try that, but if you know what you are doing take a look at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2458227/why-isnt-my-log4net-appender-buffering
and remember to call ActivateOptions() after changing the BufferSize.

Cheers

Von: d_k [mailto:mail4dk@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. Juni 2014 06:25
An: Log4NET User
Betreff: Re: set buffersize conditionally?

Well, you can have a different configuration file for each application and set their values
accordingly.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 6:59 AM, tirath.g <tirath.g@hotmail.com <mailto:tirath.g@hotmail.com>
> wrote:

hi,

is it possible to set buffersize conditionally. i am trying to use log4net
for entire orgnaziation solution and writing info to a database table. can i
set different values of buffer size programically depending on some
condition( like request coming from application 1 to use buffer size = 100
others to use 1). thankyou.