From Svante Seleborg <softw...@axantum.com>
Subject Re: log4net rolling file appender losing log files during roll over
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 07:58:48 GMT
Hello,

There is a known issue with log4net when you have mulitple sites logging to
the same file causing this exact situation (among other issues). Please
ensure this is not the case in your configuration. Just guessing, but I
might also guess that you'd risk seeing the same problem under heavy load
of a single site. Both of your missing files appear to happen due to
problems accessing the main log file when it is about to be rolled over for
the first time. This then propagates for each roll over, causing them to
end up as #7 and #26 missing in the snapshot you provided.

If your problem is caused by multiple sites, you may want to try
http://log4netremotelogging.codeplex.com/ which I wrote a few years ago to
handle this and other issues with consolidating logs from several
sites/servers.

Svante