From Douglas Neary <dne...@miteksystems.com>
Subject log4net rolling file appender losing log files during roll over
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:36:58 GMT
All:

Under heavy strain, I am seeing log4net lose log files during roll over.   I filed a bug yesterday
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-416), and I wanted to offer my help (and hardware)
to help track it down.  I attached the internal log4net log to the ticket.

The hardware we are using is pretty high end (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/proliant-servers/product-detail.html?oid=4231377#!tab=features).
   We are using this beast as a combined image processor and web server, running IIS 7.5 on
Windows Server 2008 R2.

For every transaction processed, a line is written to log4net.   On average, we are probably
doing around 7 transactions per second.  This works fine for a while, until it doesn't.
Then it starts losing log files during rollover.

Given all the value we have gotten out of log4net, my company is willing to donate some of
my time and some time on that DL980 to test out the fixes...

Is there anyone who can give me a push in the right direction?

Thanks,
Doug