From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Subscription Process (was Re: How to dynamically query and set logger levels?)
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 05:14:00 GMT
Since your original question as already been answered, let me answer
your sidenote :-)

On 2013-12-04, George Mauer wrote:

> PS. How exactly does the email confirmation protect me from someone
> subscribing falsely? I subscribed by emailing from this address!

I protects you from being subscribed when you never asked for it.  For
one it is easy to fake the sender when sending the subscription
request.  Also you can send a request to subscribe a different email
address by sending to list-subscribe-foo=example.org@host.  Thew
confirmation step ensures you can actually read messages sent to the
subscribed address and you really want to be subscribed - and are not
victim of somebody trying to fill your mailbox.

Stefan