From Rafael Thome Guimaraes <p-rguimar...@bvmf.com.br>
Subject RE: Thread Safety in Log
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 22:43:31 GMT
One correction: I am using RollingFileAppender

Rafael Thomé Guimarães
Analista-Programador
DO-CBCN / DI-CRAD - MIDDLEWARE
' +55 11 2565-7006
* p-rguimaraes@bvmf.com.br<mailto:p-bpedroso@bvmf.com.br>
[cid:image001.gif@01C9D55A.E5179270]

www.bmfbovespa.com.br<http://www.bmfbovespa.com.br/>

[cid:image003.gif@01CBD760.1C45F490]Evite imprimir. Colabore com o Meio Ambiente!

From: Rafael Thome Guimaraes [mailto:p-rguimaraes@bvmf.com.br]
Sent: quinta-feira, 5 de setembro de 2013 19:33
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: Thread Safety in Log

Very Convenient in deed. Thank you very much, Todd!

But I am asking because I am running into a disturbing issue (at least for me).
I have a Pattern layout appender that, in some cases, is trimming the message.

At first I thought I was reaching some kind of buffer limit, but than I noticed I have longer
messages logged OK in the same file.

Than, since the logger application is a per call instancing multiple concurrency WCF service,
I supposed if log4net was not Thread Safe, the rest of the trimmed message could be somewhere
behind in the file and other threads messages colud be in the middle. Being very big messages
I was not able to find it.

But If log4net is thread safe, what can be happaning?

Can someone help me?

The pattern I am using is: "%-20.20level %-30.30date{dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss,fff}        %username

Attached I am sending a file where it happened at line 9.

Note that %message is carrying a very long message with its particular layouT, wich is being
generated trough c# code.

Thank you in advance,