From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chainsaw
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:40:58 GMT
There is a developer snapshot of Chainsaw which includes a lot of new
features and an improved UI.

It's available here: http://people.apache.org/~sdeboy

With this version of Chainsaw you can use the Udp appender support in
log4net (specify the log4j xml layout) with a Udp receiver.

You can also have Chainsaw tail a regular text log file.

The Chainsaw config screen will walk you through settings needed to tail a
local file and will define a VFSLogFilePatternReceiver.

Tailing a log file on a remote windows machine requires downloading the NFS
support from the Apache Commons VFS project and installing it next to the
other Chainsaw jars.

Feel free to send any Chainsaw questions to this list or the log4j list.

Scott