From Dominik Psenner <dpsen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4net ADONetAppender
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 18:45:13 GMT
Hi

The message indicates that something cannot be instantiated. Maybe you have
misspelled some class name or you have forgot to copy over a library?

Cheers

2013/8/13 Peter K <pkfxtransparency@gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I recently migrated an application to a new server (Windows 2008 Server
> R2, SQL Server 2008 R2, Poweshell) and everything works except I get an
> error when trying to log to the database.
>
> log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Could not create Appender [ADONetAppender] of
type [log4net.Appender.ADONetAppender]. Reported error follows.

> System.ArgumentNullException: CreateConverterInstance cannot create instance, converterType
is null

> Parameter name: converterType
>
>    at log4net.Util.TypeConverters.ConverterRegistry.CreateConverterInstance(Type converterType)
>
>    at log4net.Util.TypeConverters.ConverterRegistry.GetConverterFromAttribute(Type destinationType)
>
>    at log4net.Util.TypeConverters.ConverterRegistry.GetConvertFrom(Type destinationType)
>
>    at log4net.Util.OptionConverter.CanConvertTypeTo(Type sourceType, Type targetType)
>
>    at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.CreateObjectFromXml(XmlElement
element, Type defaultTargetType, Type typeConstraint)

>    at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.SetParameter(XmlElement element,
Object target)

--
Dominik Psenner
## OpenPGP Key Signature #################################