From Todd Bradley <Todd.Brad...@nirvanix.com>
Subject Chainsaw
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:49:47 GMT
Years ago I when I first learned Apache Logging, it was with log4j. And later, the Chainsaw
GUI app came along, which was very useful. Now I'm using log4net, and decided that Chainsaw
might be a good way to monitor my application's logging in real time. But I was surprised
to see that the most recent build is from early 2006, well over 7 years ago. Am I looking
in the right place?

http://logging.apache.org/chainsaw/download.html

It seems hard to believe that Chainsaw hasn't advanced since then. It starts up on my Windows
7 desktop, but the GUI behavior is a bit weird so far. So I'm wondering if the app is really
compatible with current Java versions. Do any of you use Chainsaw with log4net, and - if so
- is this the correct build for me to use?

Thanks,
Todd.