From Guanrao Chen <guan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: log4net runtime error - Failed to Marshal remoting sink
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 20:48:29 GMT
Were u using the latest version? Try the latest ..

Thanks,
Guanrao

http://www.foundyo.com  where fun and easy friend-making happens

________________________________
 From: Joshua Go <JGo@nyx.com>
To: "'log4net-user@logging.apache.org'" <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:01 AM
Subject: log4net runtime error - Failed to Marshal remoting sink

Hi,

I have a C# 4.0 project using log4net, and I recently tried to create a remote logging server.
It works with 1.2.10.0, but when I switch to 1.2.11.0 I get an ERROR at runtime.

log4net:ERROR Failed to Marshal remoting sink
System.MethodAccessException:
Attempt by method 'log4net.Plugin.RemoteLoggingServerPlugin.Attach(log4net.Repository.ILoggerRepository)'
to access method 'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.Marshal(System.MarshalByRefObject,
System.String, System.Type)' failed. at log4net.Plugin.RemoteLoggingServerPlugin.Attach(ILoggerRepository
repository)

I found one post on Stackoverflow with the exact problem, but no solution.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16914357/upgrade-log4net-from-1-2-10-0-to-1-2-11-0-on-net-framework-4-0-security

Is this a bug or a security configuration that I missed?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged,
confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from
your system.  Thank you.  NYSE Euronext.