From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4net runtime error - Failed to Marshal remoting sink
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:18:00 GMT
On 2013-07-25, Joshua Go wrote:

> I have a C# 4.0 project using log4net, and I recently tried to create
> a remote logging server. It works with 1.2.10.0, but when I switch to
> 1.2.11.0 I get an ERROR at runtime.

> log4net:ERROR Failed to Marshal remoting sink
> System.MethodAccessException:
> Attempt by method 'log4net.Plugin.RemoteLoggingServerPlugin.Attach(log4net.Repository.ILoggerRepository)'
to access method 'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.Marshal(System.MarshalByRefObject,
System.String, System.Type)' failed. at log4net.Plugin.RemoteLoggingServerPlugin.Attach(ILoggerRepository
repository)

This is error LOG4NET-318 which has been fixed in trunk after the 1.2.11
release.

Cheers

        Stefan