From Joshua Go <...@nyx.com>
Subject log4net runtime error - Failed to Marshal remoting sink
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:01:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a C# 4.0 project using log4net, and I recently tried to create a remote logging server.
It works with 1.2.10.0, but when I switch to 1.2.11.0 I get an ERROR at runtime.

log4net:ERROR Failed to Marshal remoting sink
System.MethodAccessException:
Attempt by method 'log4net.Plugin.RemoteLoggingServerPlugin.Attach(log4net.Repository.ILoggerRepository)'
to access method 'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.Marshal(System.MarshalByRefObject,
System.String, System.Type)' failed. at log4net.Plugin.RemoteLoggingServerPlugin.Attach(ILoggerRepository
repository)

I found one post on Stackoverflow with the exact problem, but no solution.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16914357/upgrade-log4net-from-1-2-10-0-to-1-2-11-0-on-net-framework-4-0-security

Is this a bug or a security configuration that I missed?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system.  Thank
you.  NYSE Euronext.