From Todd Bradley <Todd.Brad...@nirvanix.com>
Subject RE: log4net with IntelliTrace
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 14:57:01 GMT
Yup. We're using VS Ultimate for load testing, and the tests are based on some functional tests
that we're trying to use log4net with. We like Apache Logging, as two of us have used log4j
at other companies before we came to this C# shop. But we're still trying to come to grips
with all the changes in environments.

From: Sam Carter [mailto:cppprogrammer@live.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 7:09 PM
To: Log4net User Group
Subject: RE: log4net with IntelliTrace

I think you need Visual Studio Ultimate to use it (i.e. hefty license cost)
________________________________
From: Todd.Bradley@nirvanix.com<mailto:Todd.Bradley@nirvanix.com>
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org<mailto:log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Subject: log4net with IntelliTrace
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 18:09:40 +0000
Has anyone tried integrating log4net with Microsoft IntelliTrace?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/dd264915.aspx

That's their system for recording "events" that happened during execution of an app, such
as debugger events, exceptions, etc. I haven't personally used it, but IntelliTrace sounds
like it might be useful for troubleshooting distributed load tests, and we're standardizing
on log4net for logging in our test code.

Cheers,
Todd.