From Nicola Butcher <Nicola.Butc...@rms.com>
Subject UDP appender VPC
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:24:35 GMT

I have successfully set up a log4net UDP Appender in a non VPC environment = however when
I try to do the same thing in a VPN I cannot get it to work. I=  have tried opening up all
UDP in and outbound ports but it still doesn't n= ot work. My config is as follows.

<log4net debug=3D"true">

  <appender name=3D"logFaces" type=3D"log4net.Appender.UdpAppender">

      <param name=3D"RemoteAddress" value=3D"10.0.1.7"/>

      <param name=3D"RemotePort" value=3D"7071"/>

      <param name=3D"Encoding" value=3D"UTF-8"/>

      <layout type=3D"log4net.Layout.XmlLayoutSchemaLog4j, log4net">

        <locationInfo value=3D"true"/>

      </layout>

    </appender>

    <root>

      <priority value=3D"DEBUG" />

      <level value=3D"ALL" />

      <appender-ref ref=3D"logFaces"  />

    </root>

  </log4net>

Do I need to set the LocalPort as well as the Remote?

Thanks Nicki

[cid:image001.png@01CDADF4.B2FE7B20]<http://www.rms.com/>
Nicki Butcher
Senior Consultant/Manager, Client Applications
Peninsular House, 30 Monument Street
London EC3R 8NB, United Kingdom
T: +44 (0) 207 444 7801
F: +44 (0) 207 444 7601
www.rms.com<http://www.rms.com>

This message and any attachments contain information that may be RMS Inc. confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended
recipient), and have received this message in error, any use, disclosure or distribution is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to the e-mail and permanently deleting the message from your computer
and/or storage system.