From "Venkatasamy, Vanitha" <Vanitha.Venkatas...@xpandcorp.com>
Subject RE: Log4Net for Windows 2008 64bit machine
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:00:04 GMT
Hi All,
  Without any problem ,I am able to implement the log4Net in Windows 2008 64 bit machine.
I have to run a .exe to register the dll and create the event log in the server ,which required
me to "Run as administrator" . Other than that no major issues.

Thank you for the solutions.

From: Radovan Raszka [mailto:raszka@hasam.cz]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 4:07 AM
To: 'Log4NET User'
Subject: RE: Log4Net for Windows 2008 64bit machine

If you asking just about log4net, it should not be problem - log4net has no special DLL for
32 and 64 bit environment, so you can use it in both 32 and 64 bit applications. If you ask
about YOUR application, it depends what your application uses. If it is pure .NET application
which do not use COM object or external flat 32 bit DLLs, compiling with Any CPU configuration
is the best option.
If you rely on COM or external 32 bit DLLs, compile with x86 configuration, then it will run
as 32bit.
And if you have web application compiled as x86, you must allow 32bit execution in application
pool settings (create new pool for this application)
Radovan Raszka