From Radovan Raszka <ras...@hasam.cz>
Subject RE: Log4Net for Windows 2008 64bit machine
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:06:33 GMT
If you asking just about log4net, it should not be problem - log4net has no special DLL for
32 and 64 bit environment, so you can use it in both 32 and 64 bit applications. If you ask
about YOUR application, it depends what your application uses. If it is pure .NET application
which do not use COM object or external flat 32 bit DLLs, compiling with Any CPU configuration
is the best option.
If you rely on COM or external 32 bit DLLs, compile with x86 configuration, then it will run
as 32bit.
And if you have web application compiled as x86, you must allow 32bit execution in application
pool settings (create new pool for this application)
Radovan Raszka
________________________________
Od: Venkatasamy, Vanitha [mailto:Vanitha.Venkatasamy@xpandcorp.com]
Odesláno: 22. března 2012 16:47
Komu: Log4NET User
Předmět: Log4Net for Windows 2008 64bit machine

Hi All ,

   We are planning to move the application having log4net code to a  windows 2008 64bit machine.
The application uses a dll ,which has the log4net error logging code with below dll's referenced
in there

using log4net;
using log4net.Config;

and I am using EventLogAppender, RollingFileAppender and custom sendAlertAppender.MultiThresholdNotifyingAppender,sendAlertAppender
.

Please let me know ,whether it's going to be any issue .

Thanks,
Vanitha

This message contains Devin Group confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed secure, error-free
and information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, incomplete,
or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for errors or omissions
in the contents of this message which may arise as result of transmission. If verification
is required please request hard-copy version.