From "Martin Milan" <Martin.Mi...@enservegroup.com>
Subject RE: Compatability with Compact Framework 3.5
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:24:15 GMT
Hi Stefan,

First of all,  thanks for your reply...

It turns out, after much investigating / talking with colleagues, that
although log4net is making claims about not being able to resolve
dependencies in the build output, it nevertheless works - so I'm moving
on now and looking at the other issues in my build...

I used the dll in log4net-1.2.11\bin\netcf\2.0\release. Happy to say
it's now working without issue on Compact Framework 3.5. I'm relatively
new to mobile development, but my understanding is that Compact
Framework 2 and Compact Framework 3.5 share the same CLR, so this is
perhaps exactly what we would expect to find.

I'm using VS2008 at the moment (work). I use SharpDevelop at home, but
that doesn't support Compact Framework either...

Martin.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: 09 March 2012 05:20
To: Log4NET User
Subject: Re: Compatability with Compact Framework 3.5

On 2012-03-08, Martin Milan wrote:

> I've used Log4Net on a mobile device project using cf 3.5, and I've
> been pleased with how easy it has been to use.

That's good news.

> However, I am having a bit of an issue when it comes to creating a
> build on a TFS Build Server. It seems that the log4net is expecting a
> different version of all the Framework libraries.

Which of the several dlls in the binary download do you use?

> I noticed on the "Supported Frameworks" section of the site that
> Compact Framework 3.5 is not listed, although cf 2 is

That's correct, I don't even have CF 3.5 installed on the machine that I
used to build the 1.2.11 release.  I have no idea whether we'd need to
do anything but install CF 3.5[1] and add another DLL to the build
process in order to support it.

Actually, you are the first person who ever asked for CF 3.5 - at least
as far as I remember.

Stefan

[1] I vaguely recall looking for it and not finding a download that
    didn't require a non-express version of VS.

EnServe Group