From Michele Lepri <michele.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tcp Appender
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 12:29:25 GMT
Thanks for the replies !

I didn't know about http://logview4net.com/ , very nice: I will take a
look now at it.

I discard the UDP appender because, you know, UDP guarantees neither
that messages arrive, nor that they arrive in the correct order, and I
don't like it in my case.

About Romoting: I try it with a WinForm client, and was fine, but i give
up trying to config a WPF client (I should spent more time on it).
Remoting it's very slow with many messages, but a TCP one should be slow
too :) .

But what kind of advantages we could have using a Tcp-Appender instead a
Remoting one? Maybe the solution could be more portable?

thanks
michele

--
http://michelelepri.blogspot.com/