From "Venkatasamy, Vanitha" <Vanitha.Venkatas...@xpandcorp.com>
Subject RE: How to set the category and EventId in EventLog log4net
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:27:38 GMT
Stefan,

Thank you for the reply .

 Yes you are right, it's not going to hit the last block.

          if ((log.IsErrorEnabled) && ((checkException.GetHttpCode() == 500) || (checkException.GetHttpCode()
== 404)))

            {

               if(checkException.GetHttpCode() == 500)

                 log4net.ThreadContext.Properties["Category"] = "500";

                 else

                 log4net.ThreadContext.Properties["Category"] = "404";

                 log.Error("Error" + sbErrorMessage.ToString() );

            }

            else if (log.IsWarnEnabled)

            {

              log.Warn("Warning" + sbErrorMessage.ToString());

           }

             else if (log.IsInfoEnabled)

             {

               log.Info("Information" + sbErrorMessage.ToString());
       }

           }

Yes you are correct ,I want to  switch the level on the type of exception raised. The code
is in Global.asax and I tried to get the innerExeception

See the attachment

Since the

        if (objErr.GetType() == typeof(HttpException))

            {

                checkException = (HttpException)objErr;

            }

checkException.GetHttpCode() =500 ,all the error are going into log.Error in my custom Event
log.  But if I check the system-application log,its logged as "Application" level.

Thanks,

Vanitha