From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to prevent creating log file ???
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:46:54 GMT
On 2011-10-13, Radovan Raszka wrote:

> [...]

I don't think there is much we can do without breaking the semantics of
the existing protected API of FileAppender - i.e. without breaking
backwards compatibility.

>> So no, there is no way with the current FileAppender to avoid the empty
>> files.

> Well, it is :) but some programming is needed
> See this post http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-log4net-user/200708.mbox/%3C2DE096D91923074A82B1E17ADC480EC80135926F@nasa-dtw-ex004.nasa.cpwr.corp%3E

This works for turning logging on/off but not for the case where you may
or may not have messages and don't want any file if no messages have
been logged.

Stefan