From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Did the exception format change from XML -> string in 1.2.11?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 10:20:37 GMT
On 2011-10-19, Todd wrote:

> I grabbed the latest version and now I can't log any exceptions,
> APPARENTLY because the format changed. My sproc expects the xml
> payload, but I now seem to be getting a formatted string. The
> stacktrace in the string can contain "<>", which causes the call to
> the sproc to fail. (it's expecting xml data, but only sees xml
> brackets inside)

The actual formatting happens via the IRawLayout in AdoNetAppender (this
is what I assume you are using).  What does you configuration for this
look like?

I quickly glanced over the code changes in AdoNetAppender and the
related layout and converter classes but don't see any change that would
explain your findings.  Of course I may be missing something.

Stefan