From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log file name gets duplicated
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:42:44 GMT
Hi Roman,

I'm afraid there isn't much help to find from what I'm going to write.
Let me start out by admitting that RollingFileAppender probably is the
biggest pain point of log4net and certainly the component with the most
issues raised against it - and you've likely hit a few of them.

On 2011-10-27, Roman Konovalov wrote:

> 1). log4net.dll file version 1.2.10.0.

Try upgrading to 1.2.11.  Some issues have been fixed, but by far not
all of them.

What you describe sounds a lot like LOG4NET-234 which hasn't been fixed,
yet.  By reading the bug report again and looking at your examples the
problem most likely occurs if log4net cannot write to the log file
without the duplication - as Lee Chun Kit suggest.

> We have two applications App1.exe and App2.exe that both write logs into the
> same log file.

Don't ever do this, this really is asking for trouble.  Even without
rolling the different locking scenarios are all going to cause trouble.

Unless you use a non-default locking model App2 will not be able to
write to the log file (as it is locked by App1) which seems to trigger
the bug.

Stefan