From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Email alert from log4net
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 00:03:30 GMT
You could extend BufferingForwardingAppender to wrap your original appender and add logic for
sending mail when there's too much traffic after inspecting the buffer and to stop messages
from forwarding until a certain timeout period has passed.

________________________________
From: "Venkatasamy, Vanitha" <Vanitha.Venkatasamy@xpandcorp.com>
To: Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:37 AM
Subject: Email alert from log4net

Hi ,

I need some idea to implement the following requirement in the web application .

I am using log4net in a custom dll to log the errors. I completed the log4net implementation
and its working fine.[aspx errors are logged in Event Log and the asp errors are logged in
FileAppender] .All the  .loggerError() methods are in the custom dll.

Now I want to monitor the logging, suppose if there is a situation like the .loggerError()
method is called more than 10 times in just 15 mins  because of Fatal error or if database
is down, then I want to track that and send email to admin. Is anybody implemented similar
requirement or is there any solution in Log4net.

Thanks,
Vanitha Venkatasamy
XPAND Corporation.

This message contains Devin Group confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed secure, error-free
and information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
 arrive late, incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability
for errors or omissions in the contents of this message which may arise as result of transmission.
If verification is required please request hard-copy version.