From Rory Kingan <rory.kin...@priorysolutions.com>
Subject RE: Internet Explorer prompts me if I want to run csc.exe while I'm running log4net methods
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 14:36:43 GMT
fyi on this issue, upon further investigation csc.exe was being called from deserialization
in another part of my code unrelated to log4net. So not a log4net problem.

Rory

From: Rory Kingan
Sent: 22 August 2011 11:50
To: 'log4net-user@logging.apache.org'
Subject: Internet Explorer prompts me if I want to run csc.exe while I'm running log4net methods

I'm using Log4Net 1.2.10.0 within an Internet Explorer browser extension written in C#. Sometimes
I get prompted by Internet Explorer saying "A website wants to open web content using this
program on your computer" for csc.exe and asking me to Allow or Don't allow. Clearly it's
not the website, and it only happens when I'm logging, so it looks like it's Log4Net. Is this
normal - that calls to log4net launch csc.exe - and/or is there any way to make it not happen?

I only get this prompt when I have Protected Mode on, but I need to be able to run logging
code with Protected Mode on and don't want users to be prompted with this.
Thanks,

Rory