From "Venkatasamy, Vanitha" <Vanitha.Venkatas...@xpandcorp.com>
Subject RE: How to do configuration in assembly.cs file for log4net implementation?
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:26:13 GMT
Thank you for the suggestions .

I tried by  setting the priority level to ALL and changing the loop statements. But still
, I  have no clue where those error messages are getting logged. More info on the background
is,

1.I am calling a .Net dll project from  a ASP page ,the parameter includes the error string.

2.In my dll project ,I have the log4net implementation .

Code
   public  static readonly ILog log = LogManager.GetLogger(typeof(ErrorLogging).Name);

public String logEventErrorASP(String sourceName, String logName, String objErr, String strBotListPath)
        {
           log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch(new FileInfo(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.ApplicationBase+"log4net.config"));
            //log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure();
           log4net.ThreadContext.Properties["EventID"] = 6;

           String tempdata = string.Empty;
           if (!System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(sourceName))
           {
               tempdata = sourceName + logName + objErr + strBotListPath;
               System.Diagnostics.EventLog.CreateEventSource(sourceName, logName);
           }
           else
           {
               // Exception ex = (Exception)objErr;

               if (log.IsFatalEnabled)
               {
                   log.Fatal("There is an error " + objErr);
                   tempdata = "Warning ";
               }

                   if (log.IsWarnEnabled)
                   {
                       tempdata = tempdata + "Fatal";
                       try
                       {
                           log.Warn(" Unhandled error!" + objErr);
                       }
                       catch (Exception ex)
                       {
                           tempdata = tempdata + ex.ToString();
                       }

                   }

           }

            return tempdata+AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.ApplicationBase + "log4net.config";

        }

3.I placed the config file in C:\windows\system32\inetsrv\ log4net.config

4. The output in my asp page is Warning Fatal c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\log4net.config.which
means fatal and warning are all returning true.

5.I checked the eventviewer is created but no errors.

5.The event viewer is working fine for aspx pages which is using the  method in the same dll
.The log4net implementation is in Global.asax for the aspx errors and for my asp pages I am
passing the error to dll,which has the log4net implementation separately for the logging the
error [ Anything wrong]

Thanks
Vanitha