From "Jim Scott" <jsc...@infoconex.com>
Subject Re: Compiling log4net with strong name and 3rd party dependencies
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:27:35 GMT
From: Johannes Gustafsson
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 1:20 PM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Compiling log4net with strong name and 3rd party dependencies
Hi,

There are a few bugfixes in the trunk that I need and since there has been no new release
for a very long time, I tried to compile it myself. I created a key and have successfully
compiled it with no problems. However, I have quite a few 3rd party dependencies that themselves
are dependent on log4net. These dependencies can't find load the new assembly that I have
created because they require that it is signed with a key that I dont have access to. So this
means that I can't use my own version of log4net without recompiling all my dependencies.

Do you have any suggestions to how I can solve this?

Regards,
/Johannes

Yes, this is the same issue we have. I have a few features I would like to add but the thought
of having to recompile everything has kept me from doing so.