From "Lansdaal, Michael T" <michael.t.lansd...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: Too many log files
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 16:16:43 GMT
Rob - The Log4net documentation (excellent) has an example of how to do this.  See http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/config-examples.html
and scroll down to the RollingFileAppender section.

Thanks, Mike

From: Rob Richardson [mailto:Rob.Richardson@rad-con.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:38 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: Too many log files

Thanks for your reply!  I quote a reply to that thread below:

I suspect the difficulties deleting files rolled only by date is that
the appender would need to take into account the DatePattern used when
locating files to be considered for deleting. Counted backups
(log.txt.1, log.txt.2, log.txt.3, etc.) are easier to deal with because
integer sequences are more well-known.

I'm not aware of any efforts to support rolling of files based on
RollingMode.Date.

I would be happy with counted backups, as mentioned in that reply.  How do I set my rolling
file appender to do that?

Thanks again!

RobR