From "vikas manghani" <vikas.mangh...@datamatics.com>
Subject Re: Error while starting second instance of application
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:03:55 GMT
Hi Karim
That is right. I want only one instance of the application to run at any point in time. If
the user tries to start a second instance, app should show a custom message to the user.
I have just one log file name and log4net tries to acquire a lock on that and hence it fails.
But is there a way, the notepad instance popping up with the error can be prevented. I just
want that the log4net exception should not be shown to the user since I am already showing
a custom message.

Thanks and regards
Vikas Manghani

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Karim Bourouba
  To: 'Log4NET User' ; 'vikas manghani'
  Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010 7:00 PM
  Subject: RE: Error while starting second instance of application

  Hi,

  Do you think maybe that you should only use one instance of your application? Or try and
generate a random named file that feeds a general log file on exit?

  You are probably getting this as you are specifying the same filename for each instance
in either your code or you .config. Have a think about what it is you are actually trying
to do right now.