From "vikas manghani" <vikas.mangh...@datamatics.com>
Subject Re: [BULK] RE: Error while starting second instance of application
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:30:50 GMT
What I am referring to is the fail-stop nature of log4net i.e."log4net will not throw unexpected
exceptions at run-time potentially causing your application to crash.If for any reason, log4net
throws an uncaught exception (except for ArgumentException and ArgumentNullException which
may be thrown), please send an email to the log4net-user@logging.apache.org mailing list."

Probably I have got this all wrong. But what I need is a way to suppress the log4net exception
from showing up to the user in notepad. If there is no such way then I will try to see if
I can use XmlConfigurator.Configure to delay the logging mechanism.

Thanks and regards
Vikas Manghani

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Karim Bourouba
  To: 'Log4NET User' ; 'vikas manghani'
  Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:50 PM
  Subject: [BULK] RE: Error while starting second instance of application

  I am sorry, but this doesn't seem to make sense to me.

  Are you suggesting that you would like a logging mechanism to log errors generated by log4net?
If that is the case, are you sure you haven't over-engineered your application?

  What Robert is suggesting is sound, simply have the logfile open when you are logging and
then lose the lock after this has taken place.