From "Gagne, Chris" <cga...@ivey.uwo.ca>
Subject RE: Custom Properties in an ASP.Net Web Application
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 16:00:48 GMT
Yeah we're using the log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender.

From: Rob Prouse [mailto:Rob.Prouse@Ivara.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 11:59 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: Custom Properties in an ASP.Net Web Application

For the common log appenders, the log is output synchronously with the log message, so it
should be on the same thread, so it shouldn't be a problem. I am not sure of the behavior
when you use an asynchronous appender (like the ADO appender), but it should be pulling the
context out before it goes asynchronous. If it doesn't, then that would be a bug in log4net,
but I would need to look at the code.

What appender are you using?