From sclo...@consultant.com
Subject EventLogAppender writing to dedicated event file - is this possible?
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:30:19 GMT

Hi,
 Concerning the log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender what does the tag <param name="LogName"
value = "myApp"> do exactly? Does it write to a dedicated event log folder called: "myApp"
or does it always write to the "Application" event log with Source called: "myapp".

 In other words, can the EventLogAppender write to a dedicated event log file inside the event
viewer? I ask as I'm experiencing difficulties doing just that and hence am wondering am I
barking up the wrong tree? Anyone with any experience of doing just that and any difficulties
experience would be most useful.

 I'm a bit confused can you assist pls?
Thanks,
S.