From sclo...@consultant.com
Subject Event description preceeded by text that I want to remove...
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:17:59 GMT

Hi everyone,

 Am wondering can you help me please? I'm successfully writing out to the eventlog using the
log4net framework i.e. usign the appender log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender. To be exact to
a dedicated folder called: myApp

<applicationName value="myApp" />

 The problem is is that in all the events (when I look at them) are preceeded by the following
text:

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( myApp ) cannot be found. The local computer
may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from
a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description;
see Help and Support for details."

 After that comes the usefully information like timestamps etc i.e. as dictated by the conversionPattern
tag inside te appender.

 Does anyone know how to remove the text beginning: "The description..." ???

 I would greatly appreciate any comments/advice/suggestuion that you may be able to offer.

Thanking you,
S.

=