From sclo...@consultant.com
Subject Writing to event viewer only once at login time
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:24:39 GMT

Hi,

 I'm writing to the event viewer inside a folder called myApp. My .config looks like the following:

 <appender name="DebugEventLog" type="log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender">
  <param name="ApplicationName" value="myApp" />
   <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d [%t] %-5p %c{3} [%P{sessionID}] [%P{ProjectID}]
[%P{PageID}]- %m%n" />
  </layout>
  <mapping>
   <level value="ERROR" />
   <eventLogEntryType value="Error" />
  </mapping>
  <mapping>
   <level value="WARN" />
   <eventLogEntryType value="Warning" />
  </mapping>
  <mapping>
   <level value="DEBUG" />
   <eventLogEntryType value="Information" />
  </mapping>
  <threshold value="ALL"/>
 </appender>

I am making calls like the following:

log4net.ThreadContext.Properties["EventID"] = 15;
log.Info("Info: Hello World");

etc but am noticing that the myapp folder only gets written to at the very beginning when
I log into the application. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone with any ideas as to why? Would appreciate any suggestions/ideas/comments that you
may be able to offer.
Cheers,
S.