From "Damian Zembalski" <damianz...@wp.pl>
Subject Set log name in appender of log4net
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:23:35 GMT
I have class MyLogger, where I use log4net. How can I modify my appender
to save log in specific logname (I want to set it by parameter logName).

    public void AddEntry(string source, string logName, string contextInfo,
string message, EventLogEntryType eventType)
            {

                 log4net.ILog Log = log4net.LogManager.GetLogger(source);

                 Log.Error(String.Format("Context Info: {0}{1}{2}{3}", contextInfo,
Environment.NewLine, Environment.NewLine, message));

            }

    <log4net>
      <root>
        <priority value="ALL" />
         <appender-ref ref="EventLogAppender" />
      </root>

This is myAppender. Now it writes in common logtype Application.

      <appender name="EventLogAppender"
type="log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender" >

          <conversionPattern value="%logger (%property{myContext}) [%level]-
%message%newline" />
        </layout>
      </appender>
    </log4net>