From "Paul Hatcher" <pa...@grassoc.co.uk>
Subject re: Event description preceeded by text that I want to remove...
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:27:14 GMT

Does the event folder exist on the computer, typically you need to have
created it beforehand as you need administrator rights to do so.

It's fairly easy to write a little console app to create these or bundle
the process into your installation routine

Paul

 From: sclover@consultant.com
Sent: 27 August 2010 14:21
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Event description preceeded by text that I want to remove...

 Hi everyone,    Am wondering can you help me please? I'm successfully
writing out to the eventlog using the log4net framework i.e. usign the
appender log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender. To be exact to a dedicated
folder called: myApp   <applicationName value="myApp" />
 The problem is is that in all the events (when I look at them) are
preceeded by the following text:
"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( myApp ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details."    After that comes the usefully information like
timestamps etc i.e. as dictated by the conversionPattern tag inside te
appender.     Does anyone know how to remove the text beginning: "The
description..." ???    I would greatly appreciate any
comments/advice/suggestuion that you may be able to offer.   Thanking you,
S.