From Rob Prouse <Rob.Pro...@Ivara.com>
Subject RE: ADONetAppender not logging
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:11:21 GMT
Shally,

I think this might be an issue with the fact that you stop logging for long periods of time.
MySQL will kill unused connections after a set period of time. Some firewalls also kill idle
connections after a period of time. Log4net should probably handle this, but for now you need
a workaround. I am not sure what the fix is, but you could try any of the following;

*         add pooling=false to your connection string.

*         Try pooling=true (I know that this is the opposite of the above, I just think that
using a connection pool will behave differently than not, so you should try both)

*         Set a timer in your application to log a ping type message to the database to keep
the connection alive.

For more information, see,

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/dotnet@lists.mysql.com/2463293.html

There is also several MySQL bugs that sound like they may be related to your problem. Their
workaround is to use pooling=false.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6634

Also, is there more information in the internal logs so that we can pinpoint the location
of the exception and hopefully provide a fix?

Good luck,

Rob