From "Lansdaal, Michael T" <michael.t.lansd...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: Rotated file name control
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:01:45 GMT
Rob - I use the RollingFileAppender and set the date pattern so that I get a .log extension.

<appender name="RollingDebugLogFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
	<file value="TrendMasterCS" />
	<appendToFile value="true" />
	<rollingStyle value="Composite" />
	<staticLogFileName value="false" />
	<datePattern value=".yyyy-MM-dd.lo\g" />

Thanks, Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Richardson [mailto:Rob.Richardson@rad-con.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:57 PM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: Rotated file name control

Greetings!

I am using a rotating file log.  The current file is TrendMasterCS.log.
Yesterday's file is TrendMasterCS.log.2010-07-10.  Since the default action for a file is
based on its extension, I would prefer the rotated file name to be TrendMasterCS.2010-07-10.log.
 I didn't see a way to control that.  Can it be controlled?

Thank you.

RobR