From Beth Hechanova <bhechan...@imsco-us.com>
Subject Forcing a log rollover
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:46:14 GMT
I'm using log4net and configure my application log via an xml configuration file.  The configuration
file sets my appender to be of type "log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender" with the following
attributes:

-          'lockingModel' as minimal

-          'appendToFile' as true

-          'rollingStyle' as size

-          'maximumFIleSize' as 100KB

-          'maxSizeRollBackups as 1

I have a situation in my application where I would like to force a backup of the log file
to be made when requested, as opposed to just when the maximumFileSize is reached.

Is it possible to do this programmatically?  I could not find an API that looked like it would
allow a backup to be made on demand.
I'm using log4net-1.2.10, including the dll under the net 2.0 directory.  My application is
written in .net 3.5 and will run on a Windows XP system.

Thanks,
Beth

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential & proprietary to Systems
and
Software Enterprises, Inc. (dba IMS). This information is intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access or transmittal of the information
contained in this e-mail, in full or in part, to any other organization or persons is not
authorized.