From Ross Hinkley <rosshink...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Controlling the log message format
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 13:46:42 GMT
DebugAppender is not one I'd consider a "core appender".  It's a pretty
specific implementation to the .NET Debug class.  This class does indeed
send messages to the Output window.  I realize this is one of the
divergences between log4j and log4net.

The console appenders are probably similar, but with Winform applications in
.NET, not terribly useful.  As far as I know, you'd have to hook into the
console using AttachConsole and get the logger output that way.  (Yuck!)
I'm assuming seeing console output from a Java application is markedly
easier, especially if running under the JDB.

-Ross