From SirDester <mfoc...@tiscalinet.it>
Subject Log4net + ILMerge + RemoteAppender
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 12:07:40 GMT

Hi all,
I recentrly discovered this fantastic project, and started to use it in
mine.

I tried to build a single .exe file with all the needed DLLs for my project,
and I added the log4net.dll to the commandline of ILMerge. All seems to be
fine, the exe is created.

This project uses a RemoteAppender to log his activities on a remote
machine, who's listening on port 8085.

If I deploy the "single-exe" file, the RemoteAppender gives me an error when
trying to connect to the remote Sink. This is the error I receive (on the
client):

log4net:ERROR [RemotingAppender] Failed in SendBufferCallback
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException - Server encountered an internal
error. For more information, turn on customErrors in the server's .config
file

and nothing is received from the server.
If I deloy the "not ilmerged" assembly, all goes fine.

Where am I wrong ?
If you need more info (config files, or other) pelase tell me.

Thanks in advance.
Maurizio.