From "Alasdair Richardson" <alasdair.richard...@jabcap.com>
Subject RE: Log4net RollingFileAppender stops to roll over
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:09:44 GMT
I am not an expert on log4net .. But the first thing I would check is how many log files you
actually have? If = 50 then I would suspect that  MaxsizeRollBackups is not doing what the
doc says it should do (ie erasing old files) after 7 weeks one day. If != 50 then there is
some other problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: juergen.ernst@pta.de [mailto:juergen.ernst@pta.de]
Sent: 07 April 2010 19:31
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Log4net RollingFileAppender stops to roll over

Hello,

I'm using log4net v1.2.10 and encountered the following problem:
I'm using a rolling file appender and everything worked quite fine for a
while. But suddenly (after some weeks) the RollingFileAppender stops to
roll over for no obvious reason (at least I can see no reason) and now I
have a really very big log file.
Can you help me?

The application runs on a Windows 2003 system. Here comes my config file:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<log4net>

      <appender name="RollingLogFileAppender"
      <param name="File" value="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All
      Users\\Application Data\\CWS\\log\\CWSServer.log"/>
      <param name="AppendToFile" value="true"/>
      <param name="MaxSizeRollBackups" value="50"/>
      <param name="RollingStyle" value="Date"/>
      <param name="DatePattern" value="yyyyMMdd"/>
      <param name="StaticLogFileName" value="true"/>
      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss} [%t]
      %-5p %c{1} - %m%n"/>

</layout>
</appender>
<root>

      <level value="ALL"/> <!-- INFO, ERROR, DEBUG, ALL -->
      <appender-ref ref="RollingLogFileAppender"/>

</root>
</log4net>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for your help!

Juergen

PTA Programmier-Technische Arbeiten GmbH
Seckenheimer Str. 65-67, 68165 Mannheim
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 1139
USt-IdNr.: DE 143 839 368
Geschäftsführer:
Dipl.-Ing. Peter Fischer
Dr. Harald W. Busch
Dipl.-Kfm. Knut Fischer

http://www.pta.de
Mit 1875 Erfahrungsberichten aus 41 Jahren erfolgreicher Projektarbeit!

PTA Programmier-Technische Arbeiten GmbH
Seckenheimer Str. 65-67, 68165 Mannheim
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 1139
USt-IdNr.: DE 143 839 368
Geschaeftsfuehrer:
Dipl.-Ing. Peter Fischer
Dr. Harald W. Busch
Dipl.-Kfm. Knut Fischer

The information contained in this transmission
is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confid-
ential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauth-
orised copying, disclosure or distribution of
the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.