From Tomas Ramirez <tom...@windward.net>
Subject Re: no log file generated
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:01:57 GMT
Oops, looks like I screwed up the reply.

Yes, in my project I created a FileInfo that points to the web.config file.

In Mike's blog, he's doing a different method using an assembly attribute as described in
the configuration attributes section of the config page, which does not require specifying
the file.
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/configuration.html

Hope that helps!

- Tomas

-----Original Message-----
From: sanjay K [sanjay_k@dell.com]
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org [log4net-user@logging.apache.org]
Subject: Re: no log file generated

Tomas Ramirez  windward.net writes:

 Thanks, I’ll try that out when I get a chance.  But actually, I did figure
this out last night – I just needed to call XmlConfigurator.Configure
(FileInfo) and explicitly tell the configurator where the xml file was.  I
asked Mike Knowles about it and he updated his blog article about it with a
full source code project specifically for sharepoint:

http://mikeknowles.com/blog/2009/02/17/ConfiguringLog4netForSharePointWindowsAu
thentication.aspx

 Thanks for the help!
 - Tomas

 From: Cankut Eskin [mailto:cankuteskin  gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday,
February 24, 2010 1:25 AMTo: Log4NET UserSubject: Re: no log file generated

 Try enabling log4net internal debugging to see if something is going wrong.
How to enable internal debugging is described in
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/faq.htmlAnd make sure that the
process running your application has permission to
write/create "F:\arrowlog.txt".