From Bradley Ward <Bradley.W...@turnpoint-solutions.com>
Subject RE: XmlHierarchyConfigurator "Undefined level" Error Message
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 22:00:09 GMT
Duh... thanks Chris! My bad!

Brad

From: Chris White [mailto:cwhite.home@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 4:54 PM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: Re: XmlHierarchyConfigurator "Undefined level" Error Message

On Jan 7, 2010, at 4:50 PM, Bradley Ward wrote:

Hello,

I am getting the following error when I call the  XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch(configfile)
method:

log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Undefined level [] on Logger [MyCompany.MyClass].

The entry in my config file is as follows, which looks correct to me!

                  <logger name="MyCompany.MyClass">
                    <level>DEBUG</level>
                  </logger>

I am using log4net version 1.2.10.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

The level is a value attribute of the level tag:

<level value="DEBUG" />

Hope this helps,
Chris