From "Roy Chastain" <...@roychastain.org>
Subject RE: precise time stamp
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:02:40 GMT
I have never thought about the granularity of the time source being
used, but I have log entries as often as 1 ms apart.

Now that I think about this, why do you believe that your are limited to
15ms resolution.  The documentation for System.DateTime says it uses 100
nanosecond ticks.

I simply place the time stamp in the log entry with the following
conversion pattern
<param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{dd HH:mm:ss.fff} [%4t]
%P{instance}::%M - %m%n" />

This yields the following entries
20 10:28:12.214 [ServiceThread] GSNT(17)::.ctor - Constructed -
Id/Base/Count/Type:
f4119ba3-ce74-4729-bac9-ccfe5a9b300e/o2203/6/NumericOnly
20 10:28:12.215 [ServiceThread] FCICMSD::.ctor - Constructed OpenId -
Name/VDest/Pool: FCICMSD/FCICMS/GSNT(17)

Since this is a service, I put the day in and then the time.

Roy Chastain