From SteveClay <steve.c...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject Debugging from Visual Studio 2005: log statements in dlls don't work
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:09:27 GMT

When debugging tests from Visual Studio 2005 the log statements in my dlls
don't work.

The test project has a config xml file with the log4net extension.
Each test is prefixed with [TestMethod] and I use the right click 'Test with
...debugger' option.

Then each dll has a statement like this in its AssemblyInfo.cs:
[assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(ConfigFileExtension = "log4net",
Watch = true)]

A log file does get created but it just says 'Log file start' / Log file
end' ..there are many log statements in the executed code which should write
to the log.

Please can someone tell me how can I configure VS or my test project or the
other projects so that logging works when running in debug mode?