From Karim Bourouba <kar...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Can we write the data to Multiple log
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:13:56 GMT

Have you considered logging to a db, then generating reports from there instead?

Seems to me to be a bit more elegant than logging to two text files.

Subject: Can we write the data to Multiple log
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:46:42 +0530
From: raghuram.raichooti@accenture.com
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org

Hi,

I am using the Rolling File Appender, and in this I would like to write the exception raised
to two different logs one with simple information and other with the complete information.

In the config file I have two sections defining the paths.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
<DataSetConfiguration xmlns="http://www.volkswagen.de/xmldefs/disk/DSLoggingConfiguration.xsd">
  <SYSTEMINFORMATION>
    <SYSTEMID>DIS</SYSTEMID>
    <ERRORCODELISTPATH>/config/errorCode.xml</ERRORCODELISTPATH>
  </SYSTEMINFORMATION>

  <APPENDER MODE="tivoli" NAME="RollingLogFileAppender" TYPE="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
    <FILENAME VALUE="d://svr_app_prod//logs//app_logs//diss//tivoli.log" />
    <APPENDTOFILE VALUE="true" />
    <ROLLINGSTYLE VALUE="Size" />
    <MAXROLLBACKUPSIZE VALUE="10" />
    <MAXFILESIZE VALUE="10MB" />
    <MAXENTRIESPERSECOND VALUE="10" />
    <STATICLOGFILENAME VALUE="true" />
    <LAYOUT TYPE="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
      <CONVERSIONPATTERN VALUE="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%property{ndc}] - %message%newline"
/>
    </LAYOUT>
  </APPENDER>

  <APPENDER MODE="application" NAME="RollingLogFileAppender" TYPE="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
    <FILENAME VALUE="d://svr_app_prod//logs//app_logs//diss//application.log" />
    <APPENDTOFILE VALUE="true" />
    <ROLLINGSTYLE VALUE="Size" />
    <MAXROLLBACKUPSIZE VALUE="50" />
    <MAXFILESIZE VALUE="50MB" />
    <MAXENTRIESPERSECOND VALUE="10" />
    <STATICLOGFILENAME VALUE="true" />
    <LAYOUT TYPE="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
      <CONVERSIONPATTERN VALUE="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%property{ndc}] - %message%newline"
/>
    </LAYOUT>
</APPENDER>
</DataSetConfiguration>

In our application we only mention Log.Debug(“Logging Information”).

Could you please tell me how to specify the details of the log file.

Regards,
Raghuram Raichooti

Windows Live Messenger: Celebrate 10 amazing years with free winks and emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/